The Light Gauge Steel Sheathing Station is designed to screw sheathing to steel wall panels to ensure quality panels every time. This model is ideal for companies that manufacture steel wall panels, such as off-site building manufacturers, manufactured home builders, modular builders, and panelized construction.
The Panels Plus panelized wall panel systems are more ergonomic than traditional construction methods and are developed at an ergonomic working height. This eliminates the need to continually kneel or hunch over to build wall panels – improving employee health and safety.
How It Works
The Steel Sheathing Station is equipped with a squaring table and multitool steel sheathing bridge. After the wall panel has been framed and squared, it is rolled into the squaring table via roller conveyors. The squaring table includes a squaring edge, horizontal rollers, footswitch, push-button controls, a stationary side, and a motorized telescoping side.
Once the wall panel is loaded, the telescoping side is guided by tracks on the floor to set the panel height. The wall panel is re-clamped against the squaring edge by stepping on the footswitch on the load end of the table or by push-button controls on the exit end of the squaring table. This holds the steel wall panel square during the sheathing process.
When the steel wall panel is sheathed, it is easily moved down the production line via the roller conveyors. Power conveyors are an optional upgrade to move wall panels hands-free between workstations.
Multitool Sheathing Bridge
The multitool sheathing bridge is equipped with a handheld control pendant that assists with moving the bridge to the next screw placement. There is also a hand crank wheel for fine-tune movement. The multitool sheathing bridge uses electric screw tools to screw sheathing to the steel wall panels at preset fastener spacing. The multitool sheathing bridge also has an auto-return feature.
•22’L x 17’6’’W Various sizes and configurations are available
Wall Panel Size
• Table will sheath 6’6” to 12’ walls up to 16’ long • Handles wall thickness from 4’’ to 8’’ • Various sizes and configurations are available
• 32.5’’ roller height
Sheathing Station Construction
• Welded steel construction
Multitool Sheathing Bridge
• Touchscreen to set wall height, sheathing thickness, and screw spacing • Handheld control pendant for X and Z axis bridge operation • Laser indicator for bridge alignment • Auto-return to the home position
• Electric screw tools • Tool spacing to be determined by customer
• Adjusted in and out to set panel height
• Ensures squareness of wall panels
• Located at the load end of the table • Clamps/unclamps the table
• Located at the exit end of the table • Clamps/unclamps the sheathing table
• Extend the entire length of the table • Allows easy panel movement down the production line